The White Canons of St. Norbert, by Cornelius James Kirkfleet, O. Praem., 1943.
The current building thus substantially dates from 1772, but incorporating parts of the medieval structure. It was restored by Ian G. Lindsay & Partners in 1971. Further restoration was carried out in 2002-3 under the auspices of Historic Scotland. The current minister (since 2006) is the Rev. David V. Scott.
The congregation of Fearn Abbey meet at 11.30 each Sunday morning for worship and at other times for prayer and bible study. They take part in outreach work in the local area and have active links to the Church of Scotland's World Mission projects in Ekwendeni, Malawi and Tabeetha School, Israel.
§ Abbot of Fearn, for a list of abbots and commendators
§ List of Church of Scotland parishes
Church of Scotland Yearbook and Churches to Visit in Scotland, ISBN 0-86153-292-9.
Off the B9166, 5 miles SE of Tain, Hill of Fearn. NH 837773. Open May -Sep, Sat and Sun 10.00 - 16.30, other times tel. 01862 871247 for appointment .
Patrick Hamilton, Commendator from 1517, was burnt for heresy at St Andrews in 1528.
The church is large, solid, and rectangular in plan. There is an interesting burial ground (C&M).