All Saints’ Minutes
Reference All Saints’, Dale Abbey’s Minute Book ASMIN
Records begin 8 Feb 1950.
30 Jun 50 The church could not apply for a faculty without the consent of Stanton by Dale’s PCC.
From 1952, All Saints’ wardens are generally called Acting Church Wardens.
3 Feb 55 Electoral rolls were instituted.
10 Oct 55 All Saints was represented on the Deanery Committee of Diocesan Finance.
The crack in the E wall of the church which was discovered in 1931 had not got worse.
3 Nov 55 There was dissatisfaction with the fact that the faculty had to go through Stanton by Dale PCC who knew nothing about the work and were not called upon to find any of the money required. This led to the Rector trying to obtain independent status for All Saints; this was an appropriate time, as the church had been taken over by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners from Earl Stanhope.
24 Jan 56 A formal proposal for independent status was sent to the bishop.
26 Mar 56 The bishop’s response was most unfavourable.
3 Dec 69 Synodical government required (1) an up-to-date Electoral Roll (2) a church committee (3) 2 representatives to be co-opted onto Stanton by Dale’s PCC.
19 Mar 75 For the first time, no quota was allocated. No reason was given. The church gave a donation to Stanton by Dale PCC in lieu.
Joint services were proposed, to alternate the venue between Stanton and Dale.
26 Apr 79 All Saints agreed to pay the £10 rental on Dale Abbey school as the church is the trustee.
5 Feb 81 It was proposed to have a house group at Dale.
Further PCC meetings were to be held quarterly.
Note. It is thought that the Church Commissioners are the final authority on Dale Abbey’s parochial status , not the Diocesan Bishop.